In 2003 we completed the barn which had been a work in progress for many years. My husband built the barn, with plenty of help from me. The original plan was to have one or two horses at "some point in the future." In less than 2 years the plan changed......
By August of 2006 we had the front turn out leveled, sand delivered and now the race was on to get the fence up. Weather , mostly rain, had caused some delays but we completed the fence just in time. We had given notice at our boarding barn, so we needed to be ready to move for September 1, 2006.
The front sand turn out as it looks now.
We purchsed our third horse in February of 2007. Rotating 3 horses through the front turn out soon became a chore.We did not want to reduce the size of the 60x60 front turn out by dividing it into 3 areas, but we really wanted all the horses to be able to be out at the same time. We decided another addition needed to be built. We added 2 in and out stalls on the back of the barn. We decided that would be the future foaling area and made them big, 14 X 14 and 14 x 16, each with a small sand turn out. My future pasture had been growing for a year, but not yet fenced in.